The windshield is the third most important part of your car after the seat/safety belt and the airbags. It’s the front window located at the front of the vehicle. Its safety options range from prevention of wind dust and water from entering your vehicle as the original functions to knowing your surroundings accurately by giving a clear view of traffic and street around you. If an accident must happen, the windshield protects you the driver and any other member in the vehicle from being thrown out of the vehicle mostly in rollover accidents. Although the windshield is designed to take a beating, it sometimes can get penetrated or damaged. Through modern technologies, certain damages to the windshield can be repaired. Like when little chips scratch the surface or cause cracks. This is not only irritating to the driver but is a hazard to his well-being and that of others. A damaged windshield doesn’t just affect how the car looks but also the construction rigidity of your vehicle.
Accidents are prone to happen although we may not like it. It’s better to safe than sorry. A chipped or stared windshield may affect the functioning of the airbag and in case of an accident; the windshield is designed to absorb the impact of the airbags during a collision. If the windshield is cracked or incorrectly fitted it won’t absorb the pressure of the impacts putting you and your loved ones in danger.
Although it may seem like a small thing, the importance of taking your car to an excellent, reliable repair company despite having a ‘small’ crack or chip should be considered. Many are the time’s people ignore the small cracks due to the busy schedules or utterly out of ignorance and lack of knowledge of the effects the crack can have. If not properly looked at, the small chip can grow to a full-size crack that cripples the functioning of the vehicle due to certain factors like a change of temperature and even just banging of the car vehicle and air pressure. That’s why we advise you to visit us at the Rio Rancho, New Mexico area to help you with your windshield problems. If you get a chip or a crack on your car you can visit us instead for a quick repair before the damages get detrimental and require a full replacement method.
When to Know Your Windshield Needs Repair and Replacement
When a windshield gets too damaged or bruised, your windshield needs to be replaced with a new and more functional one. That’s why we at the Rio Rancho, New Mexico area got you! Important signs to note on your windshield to make a decision for it to be replaced include;
1. If the windshield crack or damage is directly into the driver’s line of vision.
2. If a windshield crack, rock chip or star has grown larger than your comfort level.
3. Damage is significant, and the windshield integrity has been compromised, making it unsafe if a rollover accident should happen.
4. If your windshield shows evidence of pitting which scatters rays of light making it hard for you to see clearly.
5. If there is clear evidence of a missing part of your windshield.
6. Presence of a white haze at the edges of the windshield which is brought about by the protective plastic cover on the windshield getting loose. During an accident shatters of glass may fly off-putting you and your loved ones in danger.
Benefits of Windshield Repair and Replacement
At the Rio Rancho, we have an experienced staff and faculty with 20 years of experience on the repair and replacement of vehicle repair and replacement.
For small cracks and chips, repairing is the most reliable and sufficient for correction. If not, the windshield is replaced with a new one. The benefits of repairing and replacement of cracked or chipped windshields include;
1. Low cost – due to the existence of insurance companies, the cost-effectiveness is reduced. For small repairs, insurance companies can cover for it entirely. For windshield replacement, depending on the company policies, it can be covered or not.
2. Visual clarity – A chipped or cracked windshield may create a problem with visual clarity. This means a driver may not be able to see the road or other surroundings adequately. With the repair and replacement of the windshield, you can be able to view your surroundings properly and reduce the chances of accidents occurring.
3. Safety – due to repair or replacement of a malfunctioned windshield, you can be assured for a safer and better functioning car. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
4. The environment – because a windshield is composed of plastic and glass components, proper maintenance and disposal of this components after the repair is also an essential thing in the environmental conservation.
5. Time friendly – to get a proper repair, we only take a few minutes of your time mostly thirty minutes. Replacement can take a little longer, but you are assured of a better and safe vehicle in at least two hours.
Dangers of Driving with A Chipped or Cracked Windshield
Many states have laws that rule against the driving of a vehicle or a car with a chip or crack. To stay away from the arms of the laws, it is advised to have a quick fix for your windshield almost as soon as it occurs. From research carried out, more than ninety-eight percent of cracked windshields occur due to pure ignorance of people to seek assistance and repair of their vehicles.
Due to cracked windshields, sun glares can affect the vision of you as the driver leading to road accidents endangering and your loved ones. Also, the sun glares can damage vision leading to cases of temporary blindness in some cases.
Ignition of fires can happen caused by the metal or copper strips which are in between the two layers of glass used to defrost the window. When the windshield cracked water can enter and cause a short and this, in turn, causes the fire. Improper re-installation of the windshield can also cause these same problems.
With this, we hope you have an insight into the importance and the concurrent dangers of windshields. We at Rio Rancho, New Mexico area, will assist you and fix your car with our experienced team to put you back to the road in no time. You can contact us at: 505-822-1717.