When choosing a Rio Rancho service shop to complete your windshield replacement, you have many options. Besides location, pricing, and a few online reviews, it can be tough to figure out what the difference is between those shops. During your search, you may notice that some shops claim to be AGRSS certified. What does that mean? How does this certification guarantee top-quality results for your windshield replacement?
What is AGRSS Certification?
The glass on your automobile is more than just a transparent layer of protection between you and the elements. Besides keeping your eyes free from debris, wind, and other airborne particles that could make it hard to see while driving, your auto glass plays a vital role in the structural integrity of your vehicle.
In recognition of the essential role auto glass plays in the overall safety of automotive vehicles, the American Standards Institute (ANSI) created the Auto Glass Safety Council. This group of expert technicians set the standards for safe and reliable auto glass installation and replacements throughout North America. Their three-fold mission is designed to ensure the safety of all motorized vehicles after a windshield replacement. This mission includes:
- Developing and maintaining auto glass replacement standards.
- Providing education and accreditation to industry professionals.
- Promoting awareness of these standards to insurance companies and the general public.
The comprehensive written standard covers every aspect of the windshield replacement process, including:
- Adhesive bonding systems
- OEM parts
- Retention systems
- Sealants and primers
- Minimum drive-away strength and time
- Selection of materials
- Pre-installation vehicle inspection
Beyond the practical and technical aspects of windshield repair, the AGRSS also defines the educational process for technicians. By following these standards, an auto repair shop can ensure their customers the safest, longest-lasting, and most trustworthy installations available.
The Meaning of AGRSS Certification
It is important to note that the AGRSS standard is not a requirement. Auto shops don’t need AGRSS certification to operate legally in the Rio Rancho, NM area. However, choosing an AGRSS certified shop offers an extra piece of mind to windshield replacement customers.
These are some of the benefits of choosing an AGRSS accredited service technician:
- • Quality parts. One of the most essential parts of the standard involves selecting the right adhesives and glass to complete the repairs. An accredited technician is equipped to choose the right combination of products for your vehicle.
- • Accurate installation. The way your glass is installed makes a significant impact on its ability to withstand the pressure of collisions and daily usage. AGRSS accreditation means your technician knows how to install and seal your glass for maximum protection properly.
- • Extensive warranty. Shops that are backed by AGRSS standards are more confident in their results. That means they are often willing to offer much more extensive warranty than their non-certified counterparts.
- • Less stress from insurance companies. Insurance companies understand that higher safety standards mean less risk for them. With an AGRSS certified windshield replacement, your insurer knows that your repairs won’t result in additional claims.
When faced with a choice between multiple windshield replacement technicians in the Rio Rancho area, look for the AGRSS certification to ensure your job is done right.
Horizon Auto Glass and Tint: AGRSS Certified Windshield Replacement in Rio Rancho
Horizon Auto Glass and Tint is an AGRSS certified shop serving the Rio Rancho and Albuquerque areas. Our accreditation means you can trust the quality of our work, parts, and adhesives. However, there are many more reasons why you should call us first when you need windshield services for your automobile.
- Your convenience is our priority. Many replacements don’t even require you to drive to our shop. With our mobile services, our technicians can complete the entire replacement from the parking lot of your workplace, residence, or even in a shopping center. Besides a small additional fee for locations that fall 30 miles outside of the metro area, mobile services are the same price as our in-shop procedures.
- We make insurance claims easy. One of the toughest parts of any automotive job is figuring out the insurance process. At Horizon Auto Glass and Tint, our representatives will help you navigate the claims forms and phone calls. Instead of waiting weeks for reimbursement, we will bill your insurance company directly. We enjoy preferred vendor status for many insurance companies as well, which means your claims go through more quickly than with other shops.
- Local service with nationwide warranty coverage. We have proudly serviced the auto glass needs of our New Mexico neighbors since 2001. However, our location doesn’t limit our services. Our nationwide warranty backs your windshield. No matter where you are if you experience a problem with your replacement, we will work with you to resolve the issue to your best advantage. We’re so proud of the work we do that your windshield replacement is guaranteed for life.
- High tech capabilities. Vehicles equipped with ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems) are becoming more prevalent. This high-tech auto glass requires a slightly different skill set when compared to other types of installations. The crew at Horizon Auto Glass and Tint are equipped to service and replace these types of windshields. We make it a priority to stay at the forefront of the ever-evolving technology that supports the auto glass industry.
- Professional, trustworthy, and customer-oriented service. No matter how good your installation job is, we understand that the way you are treated is also a big concern. Our staff strives to be friendly and professional in every interaction. Your questions and concerns will always be greeted with respect and answered with the most accurate and up-to-date information available. Our goal is your safety and comfort.
The next time you find yourself facing a windshield emergency, call Horizon Auto Glass and Tint for superior service and trustworthy parts installed with the highest standards in mind.